- Exercise: Block World I
- Assignment 6
- related cognition
Learning by recording cases is:
- First stop of analogical reasoning
- First stop of learning
Exercise: Block World I
Learning by Recording Cases
- tie Shoe lace: New shoe laces -> retrieve memory about tieing shoe laces before -> apply the solution from memory.
- medical diagnosis:
Case Retrieval by Nearest Neighbor
Calculate distance from objects, the object with the smallest distance to the problem, is the solution.
Exercise: Retrieval by Nearest
Exercise: Recording Cases in Real Life
- the new problem is to find the route from Q to the arrow pointed destination.
- D is the correct answer since it starts close to Q and ends close to the arrow
Nearest Neighbor for Complex Problems
When there are K dimensions of elements, the formula needs to be generalized. Limitation of the method:
- in real life, N can be really large
- the nearest method might be the great solution.
Memory supports to the answer. emphasize the importance in