- The Challenge of Classification
- Concept Hierarchies
- Types of Concepts
- The Cognitive Connection
Exercise: Concept Learning Revisited
- Concepts have hierarchy
- many feature can be used for classification
- classification is important.
The Challenge of Classification
Assume both features (percept) and actions are binary, then the input output combination will be a large number. so that the mapping is complex, large, and hard to handle
with Classification, we can index action based on concepts of percepts and reduce the number of combination of percept-action mapping.
Exercise: Equivalence Classes
- establish and refine
Exercise: Concept Hierarchies
- From classes to super classes: survey all the classes, extract common features into super class.
Types of Concepts
- property overside could change one concept to another (specification).
Order of Concepts
Exercise: Order of Concepts
The Cognitive Connection
Classification allows us to select actions.